Your privacy is very important to us. At Seven Cookies we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it,
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights, and
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Seven Cookies operates one website sevencookiesapps.wordpress.com which can be referred from sevencookies.com.au. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Seven Cookies collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as;
- the number of visitors and geographic location (country),
- number of and pages viewed,
- referring search engine results (if available), and
- the date of each visitor request.
Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to provide information to better understand how our visitors use our website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to our website choose to interact with Seven Cookies in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction.
You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.
For example, we do not require visitors to log-in to comment on our blog, and if you wish to contact Seven Cookies via our Contact web form, we collect your name, email, the subject and any comments you make which are stored on our mail server. We use your email address to reply to any comments or questions raised.
In each case, we collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Seven Cookies may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, our blog pages are screened for spam by the Akismet service to help identify spam. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Seven Cookies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees that
- need to know that information in order to process it on Seven Cookies’s behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and
- that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Seven Cookies will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, as described above, Seven Cookies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Seven Cookies believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Seven Cookies, third parties or the public at large.
If you send us a request (for example, a support email), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Seven Cookies takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Seven Cookies, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Seven Cookies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Seven Cookies may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives. We welcome relevant and respectful comments, please read our comments policy before adding comments.
For any questions or notice, please contact us
- 4th April 2018; Initial policy release,
- 5th April 2018; No content changed, formatting of the prior Attribution section to be a left-aligned blockquote to this Policy Changes section,
- 11th April 2018; Changed “require a name and an email address” to “do not require visitors to log-in” in respect of commenting on a blog post. The blog settings have been changed that the comment author does not need to fill out name and email to post. Lastly, a left-aligned block quote was added “You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.”,